First of all, we wish you a happy new year.
There was no news here and no commit on trac since some time but we never stoppped working. Although svn commit wasn't working for us (see previous blog entry for more details), we used the tickets to store all patches that have to be committed.
But I now have some good news, trac is working again. Don't ask me why, I have absolutely no idea, and I didn't change anything (except doing the usual updates).
So that means I'll commit everything to sync svn with 1.0 final and then start committing all patches that were added to tickets since August (that's when svn commit stopped working) and others that were planned for 1.1. That will take a few days :)
I'll also try to update this blog at least once a month to tell you what happened during the last month in our forum, trac and on IRC.
Here are a few things that happened recently:
- Online WPA cracking services: with cloud computing that was launched begin december then now with GPU.
- Injection and packet capture with aircrack-ng seems to work with the Nokia N900. I also read that it will have USB host soon.
- Beini 1.0-RC5.1: A wireless network security testing system,it is based on Tiny Core Linux.
- GUI for aircrack-ng in C# using Mono.
- minidwep-gtk a GUI for aircrack-ng in shell script.
- Slitaz Aircrack-ng: the base Slitaz cooking version plus the latest Aircrack-ng SVN version, wireless drivers patched for injection and other related tools.
I am also currently installing a new server (Core i5 2.66Ghz, 8Gb Ram, 2x 80Gb SSD) for aircrack-ng. That will allow us to organize better the different parts and give a better service to our ever growing community ;).
Our webhoster offers ESXi and I first wanted to use it to virtualize our stuff but it takes too much time to stabilize it (and IP management is a bit tricky/expensive) and since I didn't wanted to wait any longer, I switched to vmware server for the different parts:
- trac and buildbot.
- downloads: videos, patches, storage, archive, nightly builds, ... (we currently have around 20Gb of stuff).
- photos and videos of the conventions (btw, I'll soon post the pictures I took during 26C3 and of other conventions).
- a few other virtual machines for testing.
The main website and wiki will not be moved.
Last but not least, I would also like to thank again everybody who help us, not only the donations (although important to pay the servers and domains), but everybody who contributes to the project: in the forum, irc, in the wiki (documentation and translations), bug reports and bug fixes, improvements, ...
More to come in the following days :)