- We had some downtime on the server hosting trac and forum between the 16th and the 20th (hardware issues) and fortunatly nothing was lost. You can read more in these 2 posts: Trac and forum down and Trac and forum up again.
- The forum will be moved to the new server in a bit more than 2 weeks. The change will be transparent for you. And that means only trac and buildbot are left on the old server. They should be done before Defcon.
- Airoscript not dead. It got some updates and is now renamed to Airoscript-ng. To get it, type svn co http://trac.aircrack-ng.org/svn/branch/airoscript-ng in a console.
- Beini 1.2.1 was released a few days ago. It can be downloaded it from its website.
- minidwep-gtk, a GUI of aircrack-ng in shell script, has been updated to work with Aircrack-ng 1.1.
- criser, the author of WepCrackGui, is developping a QT frontend for WepCrackGUI that should be included in the next release, v0.9. You can find instructions to get the sources and test it in this post. He also posted some screenshots. You can follow him on twitter: @wepcrackgui.
- I'll give a talk at Sharkfest about wireless security next week.
- digininja released a Karma patch for hostapd. It now works with ath5k and ath9k. It should work with prism54 and various other cards but that's untested.
- Backtrack 4 r1 was released. Changes: new kernel (2.6.34-rc6), packages updates, and new drivers. Note that it is an unofficial build meant for assesing hardware incompatibilities with the new kernel.
- The WiFi Alliances and WiGig announced alliance on multi-Gigabit wireless networks in the 60Ghz band. It will allow up to 7 Gigabit/s. You can read more here. The official press release can be found on WiGig website.
- Here is another GUI in Java for Aircrack-ng: GRIM WEPA.