Saturday, April 25, 2009

Thanks a lot

Good news, the website is now up thanks to all donations.

Even if I really like to work on aircrack-ng, it is really great to see a lot of people helping us, and I really want thank them a lot ;)

The other good news is that we now have enough to pay hosting until July (if this kind of DoS doesn't happen again) but please continue, that would be wonderful if donations could cover hosting costs every month.

Last but not least, I promise that I'll try to make that guy pay the traffic he generated.

8 comments:

  1. is there a way to stop future similar attacks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I'm already asking to the web hoster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just get his IP blocked at the firewall. it wouldnt cost you any bandwidth if he trys it again.

    anyway most webhosts block IPS automatically when things like this is detected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that "feature" was not implement in this webhoster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. who is your webhost? :)

    i hope ur attacker gets what he deserves.

    but is there really a way to counter dos/ddos? (not like getting around (extra bw, change ip, block ip-range)

    I've read there are some good fw out there that can learn and adjust their acl realtime. < is this the best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. OVH, they told me to use htaccess on mutualized hosting ... but they forgot ppl who doesn't have a lot of bandwidth (that can be eaten in a few hours).

    ReplyDelete
  7. well, can you tell us how much bandwidth do you need ?

    Because i'm sure there are people out there who can help with a backup host when this kind of thing happens...

    I'll be glad to offer a 100mb to the project when you need it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    I can sort you out with hosting for free as I know someone. However it is not dedicated. Let me know as the offer stands

    ReplyDelete